Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Circa. . leaves audiences with their mouths open in impressive astonishment

I have seen my fair share of circus shows. I have done the whole Cirque du soleil thing on a couple of occasions. So this style show was not my first time at the rodeo. . . or so I thought. . . .

I had  the pleasure of sitting in on the rehearsal/press junket for them earlier in the afternoon. . .and saw a few of the performance items that they were going to be offering. While impressive. . It left me with a feeling of well ok these guys are pretty good., . but it is what it is!



With that being said: BOY was I wrong. I have never been so riveted during a performance in my entire life or career. Their expressive use of their bodies. . their sheer strength, the idea that these dangerous stunts were being done without any spotter of safety net. Guys standing on women's heads, crazy trapeze acts. . .

This show is one that had the audience gasping and applauding all at the same time. If you are lucky enough to be able to get a ticket. . . you will walk out after the performance totally energized ready to do back flips down Beaufain Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment