Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving is on the way! Lawson's famous Potato Casserole

Ok, I will absolutely admit that I am a discerning foodie. I would not go so far to say that I am the stuck up foodie. Nor will I say am  that guy that can give a dissertation on molecular gastronomy. I am however very sure that I adore food and that I love all kinds of it.

Thanksgiving is without a doubt one of my most favorite times of the year!!!!  You know growing up down south, all of the "fixins" we would enjoy were amazing. Sweet Potato Pie, Oyster Dressing, Squash Casserole, and the list goes on and on! I thought I would share with you my Aunt Alice's now my famous potato casserole recipe.






1 bag cubed frozen potatoes
1 large block of extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 large container of sour cream
Hot sauce
1 stick of butter
1 sleeve of ritz crackers

 pre-het oven to 375. Make sure potatoes are at room temperature and place them in a huge mixing bowl. grate your cheese and place in mixing bowl. add in sour cream and melted butter. Add garlic salt, lawrys seasoning salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste and mix everything up. Stick in a baking pan long is
 preferable. Do not use a casserole dish. You want the potatoes to have room. Spread out the potatoes evenly. crush up the crackers and sprinkle on top of the entire dish. Cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 35-45 minutes. Uncover and let crackers brown for another 7-10 minutes. This while not being low calorie is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment