Search This Blog

Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's All in the Family with the Normellino's. . . but is it NORMAL?

Splitting my time with offices in Charleston and New York has always been something I have enjoyed.  like many things, when you get busy, you rarely have time to venture out and explore. Such is my life in NYC. I work and live in midtown and besides heading into the village or Tribecca, SOHO, Chelsea (all of which are not far apart on the island of Manhattan, I never really get to head into some of the culturally rich areas like Queens.

It's something I have always heard about, the BEST Italian recipes, the loudest people and that stereo typical New Yorker we have all come to know and see on TV.

I had the chance to meet the Normellino family today. As expected the accents, the hair, and of course the food were all prevalent.  However, I got to dig into their lives today for 2 hours.

Imagine a real life fish out of water story with a Kansas student having to move in with these people? Imagine that learning curve. I didn't have to imagine. That's what the show was.

Judy and Thomas Burke Heath have written this comedy.  Stereotypes abound and lead to some really funny interaction. I will tell you the true star of the show is without a doubt a young CofC student by the name of Bronson Taylor.  Taylor plays the lead role Hadley. His character development, his natural reaction to his fellow actors, and his overall personality shines throughout the entire show. It's rare to see someone as young as he possess such strengths on stage.

I have to be quite honest, I ever since working in NYC am used to seeing 100% professional actors and leaving the community theater scene behind. I had quite a wake up call. This entire ensemble cast was spot on and led each other through the 2 hour piece with wit, grace and fabulous one liners.

Sadly this was the last performance (sold out) for their run. However, you can certainly keep up with them on Facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/PerfectlyNormelPeople.

Congrats to their entire team for allowing the southern folks of Charleston into the world of Queens NY.


Remember to keep up with us in a couple of different ways:

Like us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/Lawsonrobertsllc

Follow us on Twitter at : http://www.twitter.com/lawsonroberts

Listen to us on:                 http://www.weddingsradio.fm


No comments:

Post a Comment