Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Charleston Fashion Week: Fabulous Fashionista Fun WED/THURS


Well here I sit with a romping headache. You may ask why. Well those of you that know me do not need to ask why. I was up till the wee hours of 1:30am Thursday night dancing to 80's music at a kick ass after party at O-KU. So it's time to recap the last couple of days on and off the runway.
Photo by Andrew Cebulka

I have partnered up with Charleston Bliss' Jessica Reid
Jessica Reid

to allow 2 perspectives of Fashion Week. So we grabbed lunch at Monza downtown  yesterday to chat about just how we were going to cover the shows and the after parties. I have to tell you their pizza is hands down the best that you can find in Charleston. Having been up in the city so much lately with work, I have kind of become a pizza snob.  Monza does it right every time.

Jessica and I put our plans together for the afternoon and off we went. A quick stop over to the press lounge lent itself to running into a really great photographer Matthew Accetta.
Matthew Accetta

Check his work out on his website. www.matthewaccetta.com  I may be a bit partial as he not only shoots well. . but he absolutely could be in front of the camera as well. Great looking guy and the women know it. I have decided not only can he take an incredible picture, he sure knows how to shake it on the dance floor. I t was fun watching him dance with his camera on his person and girls at the same time!!!

 Well officially,the evening started at a benefit for Run Buddies a new project from Louie's Kids.


 It was at the Old South  Barber Spa. I must admit that I am quite guilty of never  darkening their doors prior. It is a beautiful space.


Old South Barber Salon

 Mccrady's had done the catering and while I did not eat the standard fun fare was being offered including truffled deviled eggs, charcuterie etc. Master Mixologist Matt Anderson came into town to lend support from his award winning EG Vodka.  As expected the signature cocktail was delicious. I left there and headed right to the tents.

Upon arrival, I was  met with a flurry of excited people waiting to get in their seats. The was an amazing energy under the tents. I came to my seat to find the dapper dressed Austin Walker from Dunes  Properties sitting in  my seat next to Jessica Reid.  Austin  quickly joined K. Cooper Ray of Social Primer fame,
K. Cooper Ray


 and Ayoka Lucas on the front row across from us and  before you knew it the show had begun.

In the first show done by V2V, there was this sort of underlying Wonder Woman theme with the head bands they had the women models wearing. I'll let you judge for yourselves.
The next wonder woman



We left a bit early Thursday night to do some cocktailing. That turned into a bit of a crazy night. We started at O-KU Sushi where the place was hopping! Danny Seltzer was spinning amazing 80s beats and the crowd looked beautiful. The other after party took place at the Music Farm.  Conveniently Dudley's is right in the middle. As you might deduct, that sort of created a very dangerous triangle. We literally went back and forth all night.

Dancing progressed as did the cocktail consumption and before you knew it, it was 1:30 in the morning and I headed home after a very festive and fun night. Coming up on the next installment, K. Cooper Ray's "frat Party", backstage coverage, model styling and more. This next one will be quite fun!!!

Until then, for all things entertaining style, check out the website at www.lawsonroberts.com. I would love to have you as a friend on face book. You can friend me @lawson roberts, or follow me on twitter. Those tweets get interesting. I'm @lawsonroberts.

No comments:

Post a Comment