Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lawson Roberts' Strawberry Bruschetta

If you're like me, you just love Spring. So of course after work I got my hands on some amazing strawberries and wanted to do something with them for an appetizer for dinner tonight. I came across the thought of creating  Strawberry Bruschetta. I had seen something similar in Southern Living Magazine. Off to the Lawson Roberts test kitchen I go. Here is what I came up with. So Yum and so easy!!


  •  Preheat oven to 400°. 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 
  • nectarine, diced
  • 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes 
  • 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
  • shallot, minced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil 
  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sugar 
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • (12-oz.) French bread baguette
  • (10.5-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
  1. Stir together strawberries, nectarine, grape tomatoes, basil, minced shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, freshly ground pepper, and salt.
  2. 2. Split baguette in half; cut each half crosswise into 4 equal pieces. 
  3. Spread cut sides of bread with goat cheese.
  4.  Place bread pieces on a baking sheet, and bake 13 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. 
  5. Remove the bread oven, and top with strawberry mixture. 
  6. Cut into 2-inch slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment